Any person or organization may apply for membership (see below or the purple box at the top of the sidebar to the right) to the MTRI co-operative. Applications are submitted to MTRI's Board of Directors who has the right to refuse membership (but rarely do). There is no membership fee. The term for MTRI membership is five years.
- members will be invited to annual general meetings where they will each have a vote
- members may hold any office to which they are elected or appointed on MTRI's board of directors
- members may apply to use co-op equipment (e.g. GPS, safety equipment) for research and monitoring
- members may apply to rent indoor and outdoor accommodations at the field station
- members will have the option of being included on a mailing list and be provided information about research and monitoring results, education and communication activities
- members will be invited to meetings and workshops to set research and monitoring priorities
- members will be invited to social activities
- the co-operative will provide members with information about safety, orientation, Leave No Trace principles, and other topics of interest.
Any member may become a partner of MTRI. Applications will be submitted to the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors has the right to refuse partnership to any person or organization. There is no partnership fee. The term for MTRI partnership is two years.
- partners will be involved in MTRI research, monitoring, and education projects and may receive remuneration for their projects by contractual agreements
- partners may sit on a committee of MTRI
- partners may submit project proposals which contribute to the co-operative's strategic objectives, projects are subject to an administration fee of 10%
- MTRI will communicate the research and monitoring results of its partners to land managers and provide a venue for communication and education on its website, at public events, and through the media
- partners may use the MTRI logo with permission of MTRI's board of directors
Join MTRI Online
* - indicates a mandatory field.